Designed for people looking for a career-entry route into distribution
Do you have an unbridled passion for film? Are you looking for a fulfilling career in the business of the cinematic arts, but don’t know where to start or how to gain entry? Then we’re looking for you.
Each year, the FDA runs a series of paid internships at the offices of well-established London-based film distributors. This diversely populated, entry-level scheme is now coming into its 6th successful year and we are in search of dynamic individuals with a thirst for all aspects of film culture.
We welcome applications from potential candidates regardless of their background: people of colour, people who consider themselves to have a disability and those coming from economically challenged circumstances are all underrepresented in the commercial film sector. The FDA is committed to helping make film a more inclusive industry.
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate
- a keen interest in film
- a strong desire to learn
- the ability and inclination to work as part of a team
- exemplary communication skills
- some experience of Microsoft Office packages
Potential candidates must
- be new entrants to the film industry i.e. not have more than twelve months industry work experience, be it continuous or discontinuous, paid or unpaid
- be UK residents and eligible to work in the UK
- be living in London or willing to relocate to London
What you can expect
- trainees work full-time for their host company (35 hours per week) for 38 weeks
- to regularly attend training sessions with the other interns in the programme
- a monthly training allowance based on a percentage to the London Living Wage (estimated at £376.25 per week) and exempt from tax and National Insurance
- entitlement to 16 days annual leave, dates subject to agreement with your host organisation
- dates have been temporarily delayed at present due to COVID-19 office closures
- this year’s scheme will likely run in early 2021 for approximately 8 months
The application deadline for this year’s scheme is to be advised. In the meantime, if you would like to apply please register your interest and details of the scheme will be sent to you when we launch:
We are waiting to hear from you! What have you got to lose?